Monday, May 20, 2013

BLESSINGS IN THE LITTLE THINGS (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

I like to look for blessings
in the smallest of things.
Like my cute little dog,
my adorable dachshund Elvis,
waddling along,
his tail wagging him,
instead of the other way round,
then burrowing under the covers as far as he can,
warming my feet,
whatever the weather.
And then my silly but sweet cat Panda
batting at Elvis' tail,
then settling down on the pillows,
nearly on top of my head.
But I don't mind,
because it just makes me feel all the more loved.
And my doctor
taking care of me,
individually,
taking his time.
And then coming home
to a soft bed
and the fan overhead
stirring the air,
while my little water fountain
sings a crystal clear sweet melody.
Knowing sometime today
I'll get a text from my sweet granddaughter
telling me how much I am loved.
Not to mention my two sons reminding me again 
what a special mom I am.
It's the little things in life
that best reflect God's light
and His love
for all of us.




I JOHN 4:8

WHOEVER DOES NOT LOVE
DOES NOT KNOW GOD,
BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE.





No comments:

Post a Comment