Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jesus Has Been Through It All (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

When you wake up, every morning,
praying
that for just today,
please Lord, can you hold the pain at bay,
it's easy to wonder
how God can possibly
use you
because
your attitude gets in the way,
becomes a stumbling block
to what God wants to do.
You look back at the so called friends
who've lost interest or become fed up with you over these years,
with your grumbling
and constant complaining.
But if only they could walk
just one day in your shoes
then maybe they would lose
their lack of empathy,
sympathy,
trust
that you feel they should have
in abundance.
What has happened to the sisterhood,
to that vision you had
so long ago,
of one woman helping the other
up the ladder
into the clouds,
into heaven?
Why cast away a sister who is in constant pain?
I don't understand,
I don't know God's plan,
why he chose me
to live this life of physical misery.
I want to be used,
to lose this attitude,
to help the hurting,
the lost, the lonely,
to let them know they're not alone.
I've been there,
I know what it's like
to want another life.
And as I recall,
Jesus has been through it all.



I CORINTHIANS 10:13

NO TEMPTATION HAS OVERTAKEN YOU
EXCEPT WHAT IS COMMON TO MANKIND.
AND GOD IS FAITHFUL;
HE WILL NOT LET YOU BE TEMPTED
BEYOND WHAT YOU CAN BEAR.
BUT WHEN YOU ARE TEMPTED,
HE WILL ALSO PROVIDE
A WAY OUT
SO THAT YOU CAN ENDURE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment