Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hurting (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE AND PICTURE)

Hurting, I reach for my Bible
and read for a while,
hoping, praying for
a word from my Lord.
The Psalms, the songs of David
speak to me
as if David knew what I was going through
today as if it were what he had felt
so many yesterdays before.
He speaks of pain in his heart and his body,
of how he felt so alone and lonely.
And this proves to me
that God never changes,
He has stayed the same through the ages.
He knows the sadness I feel in my broken soul
of having to wake up to this pain
again, no respite in sight.
But at least I can still write
and tell others of God's wonders.
I may always be in pain
but I know I'm not the only one
who has suffered this way.
God understands
because He's been there.
And Jesus wouldn't put me through
anything He hasn't felt himself.
So my body may still be hurting,
burning,
and I may still be crying, sighing,
But soon this life will pass away,
this essence,
as did David's day,
and I will live with Jesus
 forever in His presence.




PSALM 84:10

BETTER IS ONE DAY IN YOUR COURTS
THAN A THOUSAND ELSEWHERE.

AMEN


No comments:

Post a Comment