Friday, May 31, 2013

WISDOM (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

I pray
every day
 for wisdom.
The kind that God gave to King Solomon.
I want to be a better steward,
for I know I am blessed.
I don't want to waste
what God has given me
the way I have in the past.
It's hard for me to admit, too,
that I've been fooled
by get-rich-quick schemes,
not keeping my eyes on the prize,
but on my own fantasies and dreams.
Gullible, that's me.
Not that God doesn't want to bless us,
because He does,
and only by His grace.
But we need to be in a place
where we can handle His blessings
without losing them
on a whim.
More than anything, I want to give back,
to help those in need,
not just my family or friends,
but those who I consider my enemies.
I'd rather go without
if that means I can clothe or feed someone,
give them shelter, a warm bed, 
give an orphan a loving home.
So, Lord, before you bless me,
please make me ready.
All I ask
is just half
of the wisdom
you gave
to King Solomon.
Please?


JAMES 1:5

IF ANY OF YOU LACKS WISDOM,
YOU SHOULD ASK GOD,
WHO GIVES GENEROUSLY TO ALL WITHOUT FINDING FAULT.
AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment