Thursday, May 2, 2013

Different (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

I won an award for a poem I wrote
when I was in first grade.
But was my family proud of me,
did they say
any words of encouragement
that day?
No, on the contrary, 
I've lived a life
full of discouragement,
never hearing the words I longed to hear,
never feeling special or dear.
Even to this day, those in some kind of authority
refuse to see
what this means to me,
leaving me discouraged and confused.
But God takes time,
reaches down and tells me what I've longed to hear
my entire life,
that I am special, I'm dear to Him,
I'm His daughter, I was chosen
to live for Him,
not them.
He knit me together in my mother's womb,
knowing that I would be wounded by those 
that should have loved me the most,
should have treated me
with some sort of sympathy.
I thank God for that day that he reached into my heart
and filled that emptiness, that loneliness
with His spirit of love and forgiveness.
I'm part of a bigger plan,
a larger family that understands
the hurts that have cut my soul,
the words that have made me who I am today.
I have been grafted into Abraham's tree,
and that special act
sets me free
from the misery of
never fitting in,
always wondering where I belonged,
my heart bleeding from the unkind words,
broken soul.
Jesus is the only one who has ever been able to make me feel whole.
God made me different,
sensitive, so that I could spread His word,
and tell others that everything is going to be okay
because
God loves you
just the way
He made you.
so that you could shine his light
in this dark dark world,
make a difference,
plant the seeds of love
so that souls won't be lost.
It's good to be,
you and me,
different.






2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

"MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU,
FOR MY POWER IS MADE PERFECT IN WEAKNESS."

No comments:

Post a Comment