Monday, May 27, 2013

Does God Cry? (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

I sometimes wonder if God cries
when a child strays.
I cried
when my child walked away.
It breaks your heart
when your child no longer wishes to be a part
of your life.
So how much more would the God of light
feel the pain
when a child he loves
beyond compare
walks away?
God waits for us so patiently.
And He goes out of His way
to find that one sheep that has strayed.
I strayed.
I walked away.
But I turned back to the light
when my life
became dark and sad,
lonely and mad.
I don't want to make Jesus cry.
So why do I keep on sinning and complaining?
He died on the cross
when I was lost.
The nails in his hands and feet,
the blood running
down,
cut deep.
So what do you think?
Does God cry?



PSALM 10:17
YOU, LORD, HEAR THE DESIRE OF THE AFFLICTED;
YOU ENCOURAGE THEM
AND YOU LISTEN TO THEIR CRY.











No comments:

Post a Comment