Friday, May 3, 2013

THIS WORLD IS UPSIDE DOWN (UPDATED)

When physical pain greets you 
first thing
in the morning,
it can be difficult to think 
of anyone
except
yourself.
I wish that God could give me just one day 
without this 
earthly
hurting
body.
I'm not quite sure if this would make me happy,
but it would certainly be nice
to get a break from this physicality 
that has its long sharp talons stuck into
 me
and my sanity.
I know that this pain is here to bring me closer to my Lord
and all that He suffered.
And my pain
is nothing 
in comparison
to what my Savior went through,
being nailed to the cross,
pierced right through His hands and feet,
suffering without complaint just to set us free,
even forgiving.
A crown of thorns laughingly
shoved  down on His head,
blood profusely dripping,
washing me clean.
So
when I really think about it,
 what right do I have to complain
about my pitiful temporary pain, 
locked into this earthly body?
This too shall pass.
So I grind my teeth, 
bight my tongue
and try very hard,
not as hard as I can,
to set my sights 
on what is to come.




1 John 2:17 - The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment