Sunday, May 19, 2013

THERE'S NOTHING HE WOULDN'T DO! (UPDATED WITH A SPECIAL SCRIPTURE)

I try to tell God what I want,
and He tells me, no, 
that He wants to give me much more.
He loves me more than I love myself,
knows me inside and out,
more than anyone else.
I don't have a clue
why this is true.
I just know that He loves me
and it's time to move forward,
stop looking back at my mistakes,
forgive myself, stop playing the blame game.
I can't change the things that I've done,
but one thing I can do is move on.
It's finally time
to receive
what God promised me.
The journey has been long,
and for the most part,
I've traveled alone.
I've taken some detours along the way.
I've strayed.
And, okay,
I admit I rested on the fence for a while.
But I'm back
on track,
on the road
that leads home.
I've finally
stepped into the land
of milk and honey.
The air is sweet,
the path soft beneath my feet.
My heart is so full
of God's love
I'm afraid
I can't contain it.
If I could
I would
climb up to the top of the highest mountain
and proclaim God's love,
scream and shout,
dance the dance of David.
But I can't,
so instead,
I'll shout with my words,
with the gift that God has granted.
GOD LOVES YOU,
GOD LOVES ME,
AND THERE'S NOTHING
HE WOULDN'T DO
FOR ANY ONE OF YOU
FOR ALL OF ETERNITY!



ISIAH 43:18

FORGET THE FORMER THINGS;
DO NOT DWELL ON THE PAST.
SEE I AM DOING A NEW THING,
NOW IT SPRINGS UP.
DO YOU NOT PERCEIVE IT?
I AM MAKING A WAY
IN THE WILDERNESS
AND STREAMS
IN THE WASTELAND.*

GOD PROMISED ME THIS ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO.  SO HIS ANSWER WAS YES.  IT MAY SEEM LIKE A LONG TIME,
BUT IT'S REALLY JUST A BLINK OF AN EYE.

REMEMBER,
PRAY
UNCEASINGLY.




No comments:

Post a Comment