Thursday, May 16, 2013

MISSING YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK (COMPLETELY RE-WRITTEN WITH SCRIPTURE)

I pray
that I will hear from you 
this Mother's Day,
that my heart won't be broken like it has been
so many times before.
O, the pain,
I don't think I can stand it another day.
I so fervently yearn 
for the sound of 
your beautiful voice.
Do you know that you sound
like an angel
when you sing to Him?
Sara,
I o so miss the smell of your hair
that smells of flowers
after a spring shower,
And the look in your beautiful blue eyes.
There is nothing to compare.
But you are still not here
in your mama's arms
where you belong.
God knew that if I had known
it would be this long,
I would have given up the ghost
long ago.
But,
instead,
I turned to Him
and started writing my journal.
(this blog,
my poetry)
If only I knew
what I could do
to have you back in my life,
I would do it.
Anything
except
give up my faith.
Because you have to know,
no matter the reason,
that not seeing you
is cutting 
like broken glass
into every single beat of my heart.
I try to give it to God 
because I can't stand the thought
of another day going by
without seeing you, my sweet love,
my Sara Bear,
the apple of my eye.
I hold on to the hope
and my Lord
that this is all part of His plan,
because I know, without a doubt,
Jesus holds both of our lives in His hands.
I gave you to Him
the very first second you were born,
because I knew He had a special plan,
and that you were just on loan
You needed to be set free.
Fly, my sweet,
as long as you please,
But can I ask just one thing?
Come back to me
occasionally.
Let me be your Mama again,
although, in my heart,
I always have been.
I won't stop praying
until you are back in my arms.
I'll never give up on you
even if I have to wait
to see you
in sweet eternity,
worshiping Jesus together,
holding hands
and kneeling at His feet.




LUKE 15: 11-32

THE PARABLE OF THE LOST SON




No comments:

Post a Comment