Thursday, May 2, 2013

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME, JESUS (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Sad,
uninspired,
in pain
tired,
feeling as if I am
constantly
complaining.
Just one of those days
when I need to get on my knees and pray
for forgiveness and redemption.
If only I could.
Get on my knees,
I mean.
Please,
sweet Jesus,
never leave me
like my earthly father always did,
open empty boxes
always on the counters
in the kitchen.
Stay by my side,
Daddy,
abide,
otherwise I'll have to run to the closet and lock myself in,
without my sister
doing it instead.
I can't handle the world and all of its complications.
I don't want to sin,
I don't want to give in.
But the flesh is weak,
and my spirit is waning,
crying,
wailing
for relief.
Jesus, please don't leave me.
I crave your love,
your light
that shines brightly above
and scares the shadows and clouds and dark things 
back into the night.
Jesus, I'm going to be selfish
and ask you to stay
right here,
all day,
all night,
everywhere I go.
Please,
sweet Jesus,
never leave me.



PSALM 17:8
KEEP ME AS THE APPLE OF YOUR EYE;
HIDE ME IN THE SHADOW OF YOUR WINGS.




















No comments:

Post a Comment