Friday, May 10, 2013

Lament (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Thank you, Jesus.
I give all praise and glory to you
in your name.
You never tire of my ways,
the silly things I may say
without a thought,
 slipping off of my tongue
like a sad melody,
memories.
It makes me happy to know
that in your eyes,
I'm your child
and you're the only one that can see 
Sunshine inside,
make me smile.
I trust in you only,
read your word daily,
and pray persistently.
I give you all of the glory you deserve.
But you deserve a thousand lifetimes of praise
in your name.
You see past my far from gentle tears,
constant complaints,
and ridiculously,
faithless fears.
You see the wounds and scars in my heart,
but that just makes me feel so much closer to you
knowing what you went through too.
I lean on your promises,
trusting that you know what is best.
You hold
my very soul
in your calming hands.
Your nurturing wings
protect me always
so I can stand.




PSALM 27:14

WAIT FOR THE LORD;
BE STRONG
AND TAKE HEART
AND WAIT FOR THE LORD








No comments:

Post a Comment