Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ode to Alix (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Just because someone doesn't look 
like you expect them to
doesn't give you the right
to reject them on first sight.
God made us all different
so we could tell each other apart.
If we were all the same,
it would be an absolute shame
because our differences
make the world a better place to live.
Staring at someone,
making fun,
just shows ignorance
and intolerance.
I'm proud that my son chooses to live,
unafraid,
the way he was made.
He's a child of God
and I couldn't be prouder
to be called his mother.
He makes my life worth living,
he is so giving.
Looking at him,
I know I have done something right,
and his light
encourages me to continue
to fight the good fight.



ECCLESIASTES 3:11-13

HE HAS MADE EVERYTHING BEAUTIFUL IN ITS TIME.
HE HAS ALSO SET ETERNITY IN THE HUMAN HEART;
YET NO ONE CAN FATHOM WHAT GOD HAS DONE
FROM BEGINNING TO END.






No comments:

Post a Comment