Saturday, May 18, 2013

DREAMING (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)

Daydreaming,
I joyfully watch my worries flutter away
on the fragile wings of a purple butterfly.
I'm lying on the grass,
soft as a feather,
and smelling so new.
The sweet grass feels like velvet against my cheek
and tickles my toes.
The gentle breeze
plays a joyful melody,
as does the bubbling of the creek
winding its way by my side.
The setting orange sun is reflected in the water,
causing the cool water to shimmer.
The clouds, so white
against the sky,
playfully drift by.
That one just passing
looked a little like a sheep.
I close my eyes, praying, 
hoping,
waiting
to hear
that still, quiet voice 
whispering in my ear,
the one that speaks to my heart.
If this is just a dream,
I never want to leave.
 All I really want to do
is to break free of these chains
that bind me to this earth,
go home
where I belong
and walk
hand-in-hand
with my Creator,
Jesus my Lord.





PROVERBS 8:34
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO LISTEN TO ME, WATCHING DAILY AT MY DOORS,
WAITING AT MY DOORWAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment