Friday, May 17, 2013

MY HEART'S DOOR (UPDATED WITH SCRIPTURE)


God waited for me,
patiently.
When I was deep in sin,
He reeled me in.
He knew I needed Him.
It's hard to accept such unconditional love
when you've never received it,
or maybe
they just thought I didn't need it.
There were more important things at hand.
But how could they expect a two-year-old to understand
or even know
that being born healthy
was wrong?
So I was left alone,
shoved in the dusty corner
full of spiders
in a very crowded home.
So many people around,
but no love or compassion
anywhere to be felt or found.
Left to myself,
gathering dust on the shelf.
Unpredictable,
invisible,
bitterness,
resentment.
Why
would you let a hurting little girl cry
all night,
in fright?
Scarred for life.
Painful memories.
Thank you, Jesus, for rescuing me,
waiting so patiently.
I never knew love before
I opened my heart's door,
and there you were,
as if you had been waiting just for me.
You knew, 
you saw,
you never let go,
and you love me so.



JOHN 3:16


No comments:

Post a Comment